For us, nothing says springtime quite like the fresh, green healthy goodness of avocados. So, of course, we had to pick out 3 of our favorite recipes to share with you as we welcome in some much-needed sunshine, warm weather and fun times.
Coconut Avocado SmoothieINGREDIENTS:
- 1 Hass avocado, diced
- 1/2 cup lowfat vanilla yogurt
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1/4 cup cream of coconut
- 8 ice cubes
- Combine avocado, yogurt, milk, cream of coconut, and ice cubes in a blender; blend until smooth.
Avocado Key Lime PieINGREDIENTS:
- 1 avocado, mashed
- 1 (14 oz) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice, or to taste
- 1 (9 in) pie shell, baked
- Stir milk into mashed avocado. Stir in lemon juice. Combine well, then pour into pie shell. Cover, and refrigerate at least 4 hours. Serve with cool whip.
Honey Avocado Chicken SaladINGREDIENTS:
- 2 avocados, peeled and pitted
- 1 1/2 cups light mayonnaise
- 3 Tbsps light sour cream
- 2 tsps garlic powder
- 2 tsps lemon juice
- 1 tsp honey, or more to taste
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 3 cups chopped cooked chicken breast
- 1/4 cup diced onion
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- Mash avocado, mayonnaise, sour cream, garlic powder, lemon juice, and honey together in a bowl until smooth and creamy; season with salt and pepper. Fold chicken, onion, and celery into avocado mixture until coated.